Monday, May 13, 2013

Choosing Life









On Saturday, May 11, 2013, I had the privilege of photographing a number of clients of the Dallas Pregnancy Resource Center at their annual Mother's Day Luncheon. It was pretty run-and-gun as these type of shoots usually are, but I considered it an honor to shoot these portraits. Due to the fast-paced nature of the shoot, I did not have time to hear these families’ stories, but I know that at least some of the women I photographed, when faced with a crisis pregnancy, considered ending their child’s life before he or she was born but decided instead to carry the pregnancy to term and give their child life. It was both a sobering and joyous experience to see these kids, many of them younger than my own daughter, and realize that, but for the movement of God in these women’s hearts and the courageous decisions they made as a result, their children would most likely have never laughed, cried, pooped, giggled, dreamed, discovered or done any of the other things that make children so amazing. Praise God for his work in these women’s lives. May he bless their families.

No comments: